Saturday, June 02, 2012

K-potter chapter 2: We became famouse with "pretty noona"


Running a business was not easy, especially when your four employees were also your brothers. Not blood brothers, no, but brothers in union, who rebel all the time *roll eyes*

My name is Lee Jinki, more widely known by my pen name Onew. And I was the owner of the SHINee Detective Co.

Before starting up the company, I worked for the Daily Prophet as a reporter for a couple of years after graduating from Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Not trying to brag, but my grades were only second to the legendary witch, Hermione Granger sunbaenim.

Anyway, through this job, I was getting a lot of field experience in gathering clues in fishy situations and figuring out the big picture from the detailed notes I take from the investigations. Articles that I published had attracted attentions, particularly the one on the female poltergeist nick named “pretty noona”. Pretty noona was a master in the replay jinx, which curses wands to only recast the spell that was casted right before it was jinxed. She went into Olivander’s in Diagon Alley that summer night and ruined every single wand in the shop (they could only perform the quality check spell Mr. Olivander did with all his productions), causing a sudden shortage of wand in London and black market wand price soaring sky high.

Well, long story short, my investigation eventually lead to the arrest of pretty noona and I became sort of a celebrity reporter after that. However, it wasn’t all me who’d solved the mysteries I published throughout my reporter life. My SHINee brothers who were still attending Hogwarts then had lent me their special abilities, and together, we made an elite detective team.

Jjong who was only one year younger than myself had started to help with my work full time since graduating from Hogwarts. When Key and Minho also graduated the year after, the idea of starting a detective company with the boys took shape, with baby Taemin, who were still in his sixth year, getting special permission from Professor McGonagall to be off school every now and then to help.

We left a good impression with the RingDingDong case, defeating Lady Butterfly. I had to concoct up the milky white angel wing potion to give us pairs of wings so that we wouldn’t need to fight Lady Butterfly on broom sticks. None of us were any good in Quidditch except the sports maniac Minho.

Because of the dramatic nature of the case, my ex-colleagues in Daily Prophet decided to call us the “shining SHINee” in the news reports, and the name stuck with the public.

Anyway, two years had passed since, and it’s good to have Taemin joining us full time now :)

Among our team, only Jjong had got experience dealing with the Immortals, but he was away with Key on another mission when the mission came in. I sent Taemin on his first ever solo mission to deal with the difficult immortals. Not because I’m inconsiderate, but because I knew he is good enough, and that he will grow even faster with the challenge.

From what I heard from Minho earlier today, it seemed like I was right ^_^

A visit to Taeminnie’s place was always delightful. Especially after a long day like this one.

The high ceilings and the candle lit chambers with old architectures always reminded me of the days in Hogwarts, the only difference was that the candles were not floating. Father Joseph was always travelling but when he happened to be around town during my visits, he had never been stingy with his warm welcome and temperate conversations. Not to mention that Mrs. Jenkins took care to make sure that our bellies were always filled up with banana milk.

I was sipping from my serve of banana milk, trying to relax on the cosy coach when Taemin walked in.
“Omo Taemin ah, it had only been three month since we last met and you've already grown prettier! Are you sure you havn't got any Veela blood in you? I can do a blood test for you you know” I joked. This boy, he seemed to grow so well for the last two years. He’d only been away for three months on this Immortals mission, and he’d already seem broader at the shoulders. And he did look pretty with this new long straight brown hair.

Oh, I shall mention the thing that was going on with our hair. Since we got the hair colour changing potion formula from Mrs. Tonks-Lupin, our contact point with the aurors in the Ministry, Key-goon who had always loved his fashion got all excited and managed to modify the formula to change hair styles at the same time. Ever since then, the five of us, especially Key and Taemin had been having fun with funky hairstyle changes. So please don’t be alarmed if we change our hairstyles too much~

“Not again! Is it the hair? I dun mind you guys making fun of me while I was still growing up but Hyung, I’m a man already T.T” Taemin complained, as expected ^^ I laughed while watching him empty a potion vial he carried in his inner pocket into his banana milk and drank.

“Dully noted.” And then I continued. “Hey, young man, not many can complete what you just did with the Immortals. They were all praises for you!” I went over to pat his back while his hair started to slowly become shorter and tousled, maintaining the same colour.

“Oh, jinja? They really think I did alright?” Taemin straightened his back in his seat.

“Ye, they called the office earlier to send their thanks. You know how snobbish they are towards us mere mortals right? They must be really impressed with your work to have done that. Minho was the one who picked up the phone. He was so happy for you :) ” He was suddenly beaming. Even though by age he’s already a full adult, he is still so cute most of the time.

“Really?! I was worried sick! What if they didn’t like my work? What if they think I was interfering with their ways too much? Kyaaaaah!! I’m so excited hyung!” The lights started to become dim with the magic Taemin let out through his excitement. And he started to walk up and down the room with a big grin on his face, shaking his hands and feet like a hyper child.

“LOL~ Calm down a little Taemin.”

“Ne. Poker face...” With that, he stopped the pacing and straightened his lips which were curling up into a grin with his fingers, trying to make a poker face.

“Aigoo, not your poker face again…” It made me LOLed again. “You should still enjoy this moment. Just stop jumping around and get the lights back up.” Taemin was conscientious of himself getting excited easily and always trying to compensate by making a poker face.

“Oops, I didn’t even realize that. Hehe, I need more banana milk.” The lights went to their usual brightness again in an instant and he helped himself with more banana milk from the jar.

“Hey Taeminah, I’m not only here to congratulate you. There’s another mission that we just received this morning. It’s a request from the Solar Nine.”

“Waah!!! The SNSD noonas?!” Taemin spilled his drink. His artificial poker face lit up again before his second wave of excitement made the lights go totally out. 

Boys...


xxx  xxx

links to clue (pretty much a detective song) and note, two yummy songs that made up the title song "sherlock" in SHINee's newest album.

not sure why were they drinking milk in RingDingDong MV... really trying to appeal to pedophiles?

taemin trying to make poker face after immortal song win:

2 comments:

Guan Fuat Motor said...

They should sounds more excited when onew mention about Solar Nine!!!
not just "oh"........

x said...

araso~
fixed XP