Tuesday, May 29, 2012

K-potter chapter 1: Our duet

sorry for the late update again... i was suddenly summoned to Shanghai ="=
anyway, although very tiring, it was a good trip :) so, will be posting pictures from SH too~
but for now, lets have our belated first chapter of de promised fanfic~~~ ^^

xxx  xxx


Chapter 1: Our duet

I could always remember the day when Harry Potter sunbaenim sent Voldemort away, forever! Yes, for 8 years now, we no longer live under the shadow of the name which were once feared and not spoken of.

VOLDEMORT! !
See, I could shout his name out loud ^^

When Father Maneija broke the news to us after our evening prayers that day, IU hugged me so hard I thought she was going to break my bones. We were both 11 then. The fall of Voldemort meant that we would be able to attend Hogwards School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the coming autumn :D

Father Maneija found me when he was travelling 18 winters ago. I was wrapped in rags and placed between two massive roots of an old willow at the edge of a village. In the fifth autumn after that, we found IU where the Morning Creek meets the edge of the woods, the place where we used to gather mushrooms.

------

"Taemin ah, that sounded good. But you weren't paying attention. I caught you staring into space~" IU shifted the weight of her guitar to her right and ruffled my hair with her freed hand.

Illuminated by the candle light, I thought she looked like a porcelain doll. I stood up from the organ bench and smiled back. "Well, just remembering the day when Father Maneija told us Voldermort was gone. It was in this very room wasn't it?"

We always enjoyed our little duet sessions, with IU playing the 6 strings, and me at the black and white keys of the church organ. Father Maneija was a squib from the well respected Fudge family. Although not blessed with magic, he was a man of skills and wisdom. He left the magic folks at a young age and became a Christian in the muggle world. He learned things feverously, finding them suiting him as a non-magical person much better. He taught us some of these muggle skills, along with common knowledge of the magical world. Father Maneija made sure that we would not be at a disadvantage when we were to live among the magical folks again.

"Mm hmm, we were so exited we couldn't sleep that whole night~~~~" IU joined me at the memory we shared.

"And got degnoming for detention because we were dozing off in the basic runes class the next morning ^^ "

"And then continued to doze off while we were getting rid of the garden gnomes~"

"I still remember one of them sneaked up to you and bit you in the ear." We both LOLed at that.

Then there was a light knock at the door which was already ajar. It was the caretaker Mrs. Jenkins, a middle aged muggle widow who came to the church after her wizard husband was killed by a Death Eater.

"Taeminnie, Onew-ssi wants to see you. He's in the tea room."

This late? I wondered. "OK, thanks for getting me. Hey IU, suppose we'll have to stop here."

"Ne. Wonder why is Onew-oppa visiting this late. Could it be about your last mission?"

I shrugged. I just came back from the mission the night before and was still uncertain if our clients were happy with my service. And they were scary clients who made me nervous all the time T.T

"OK, I know you don't want to talk about it yet." IU gave me a comforting smile and ruffled my hair again. "You will be fine! Anyway, I'll go back to my room then. You two have fun~"

With that, IU set her guitar back onto the stand and we left the music room together. Watson who had been sitting quietly at the couch by the fireplace leaped down nimbly and joined us. IU gave him a good rub at the back of his ears before parting with us at the stairs. Watson and I went down to the hall and then to the east wing where the tea room is. Onew-hyung was having a sip of banana milk from his cup as I walked in. He looked up and set his cup down.

"Omo Taemin ah, it had only been three month since we last met and you've already grown prettier! Are you sure you havn't got any Veela blood in you? I can do a blood test for you you know?"

This again =_= They always did it to me... Don't like!

Because I don't agree well with the polyjuice potion (expensive, loooong brewing time, the pain during transformation, and most of all the disgusting taste, eww! everytime I drink them I just puke them right out again), I started to disguise as women in some of our missions since a few years back. Since then, the boys had never let a chance to tease me about my feminine look goes by.

"Not again! Is it the hair? I dun mind you guys making fun of me while I was still growing up but Hyung, I’m a man already T.T" Don't think my protest would work either T.T Well, at least being teased wasn't as bad as drinking polyjuice potion...

I poured myself some banana milk (yum~ if only all potions taste like it...) and observed Onew-hyung while emptying a vial of hair styling potion into it. He looked tired with circles around his eyes, but at least he's still spirited enough to tease me. I waited for him to bring up the talk, drinking my precious banana milk ^^


xxx  xxx

omo... not even sure wot kind of tone i'm going to write this in yet, just making things up as i write, haha...
let me know wot u think so far, if anything at all... ^_^

The songs Taemin and IU were singing:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah, a lot of stories bundled as one...?

x said...

yaya, supposed to be k-pop and harry potter. did you find a trace of "howl's moving castle" as well? hehe...