Friday, December 17, 2010

bass logistics

About the task of carrying around a bass guitar, 2/3 my own height...

Imbas kembali....

Back in high school, I used to have my bass lessons on Sundays. the classes were in Cheras, which was conveniently on the way back to my rental place from home town. Every Saturday, I would leave my rental place in KL carrying a slick black Yamaha RBX270 in a strapped bag along with other luggage.

Bus fares was 80cents towards the Kota Raya direction, it didn't matter where you stop. Affected with metrophilia, I had always preferred to take KTM from Sentul station to Kajang. Also, with the carry-ons as I had, packing onto a sardine tinned bus was a nightmare I don't want to recall. However, the problem was, getting from the bus station to the train station involved a 15mins walk under the steaming hot sun. With the luggage and the bass guitar, the task became formidable.

Then we started to look for options. Taxi from batu 3 1/2 Jalan Ipoh to Sentul station usually costs ~RM2.5 to RM3. If you get 3 or 4 to share, it almost costs the same as the bus journey costs. It very quickly became my default route to home ^_^

Cab drivers were often careful and curious people, wondering what on earth was in my heavy black long pack. M16s??! quite a few asked ^_^

Back to current...

This morning the task of carrying a bass guitar on a journey involving taking a train, a bus and a 400m walk had again fallen onto me. With the helpful Aussies who voluntarily opened the train door, who patiently waited and made sure I got off the bus first, and who stopped his bike to allow me to cross the road; along with the kind summer morning sun, it din seem as formidable at all ^_^ aah, people~

Looking forward to the jamming this arvo :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oic, you are walking down the memory lane and picking up something that has been left behind... having lots of fun already?

x said...

haha,yupz. we were jamming at the kitchen without amps. we sucked XD

when amps were legally allowed, we couldn't leave the barbecue and alcohols instead...