Saturday, October 16, 2010

the overdue mt. coot-tha hike

high wind and splendid sun for brisbane~ LL voiced her concerns on slippery tracks from the down pour last night but this weather is too good to miss :) however it was indeed a good foresight as mt. coot-tha wasn't spared by the recent flooding events in queensland. however, it was still a good 4hrs hike overall, combining various roads and tracks over a few creeks and falls :)

sigh, god does delay things for good reasons... first of all i would not have found my way across Simpson's falls today to a well hidden alternative for the closed down track if it isn't for the track maps that i had only foraged from the GardenCity library two weeks ago; and the trip wouldn't be as appreciated if a tropical wind hasn't blown colours back into my otherwise placid life just the nite before :)

an hour's travel on train and bus brought asa from Sunnybank to the Brisbane Botanic Garden at the foot of mt. coot-tha.

but nay, as much as my scholarly brother xuan might appreciate this place, today's destination is the hiking tracks that webbed all over the 287m mountain which happens to be the most Northern part of Australia to record snow. sit back and enjoy :)

lyrics: The Carpenters "Top of the world"

such a feeling's coming over me

there is wonder in most everything i see

not a cloud in the sky got the sun in my eyes

and I won't be surprised if it's a dream

Everything I want the world to be

Is now coming true especially for me

and the reason is clear It's because you are here

You're the nearest thing to heaven that I've seen

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation

and the only explanation I can find

Is the love that I've found

Every since you've been around

your love put me at the top of the world

Something in the wind has learned my name

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze

There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me

There is only one wish on my mind

When this day is through I hope that I will find

that tomorrow will be just the same for you and me

All I need will be mine if you are here


Sekian :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow so beautifully made! so lovely. wish I could do the 4hrs hike too - envy :)

x said...

you are too kind :)

reserve you for kinabalu? any chance?

Guan Fuat Motor said...

good combination of this Carpenters song and the pictures

Anonymous said...

Haha, er, I just like it - what does it have to do with my kindness> :P

no. dun like the forest here. I know I know, jangan kutuk saya

x said...

@gfmotor: yeah, there's always a hummed theme song or two on my journeys and this one was playing over and over again during the mt coot-tha trip :)

@anon: kind words for a crude work, haha. happy that u like it ^^
yup, i remember u said that too :) i also agree that hiking in msia and down-under/up-above felt very different~

Anonymous said...

哇,歌词配风景将都可以,高招高招,厉害厉害

x said...

何方来客?见笑了 ^^

Anonymous said...

lol, down-under up-above ya :)